How do I change the setting for syside.modeler.toolsVersion?
I can’t find it in VS Code settings, nor my syside.toml.
How do I change the setting for syside.modeler.toolsVersion?
I can’t find it in VS Code settings, nor my syside.toml.
syside.modeler.toolsVersion is a VS Code setting, not a syside.toml setting. VS Code stores it in your user settings.json, not in the project.
Usually you don’t need to set it. By default, the extension uses the tools version that matches the extension itself. To use a different Syside version, install that version of the extension rather than setting toolsVersion. If you set toolsVersion to a version that doesn’t match the extension, you get an “unexpected version of Syside tools” message.
To switch to an older Syside version (for example 0.10.3):
toolsVersion override. Open Settings (Cmd+, on macOS, Ctrl+, on Windows/Linux) and search for syside.modeler.toolsVersion. If it has a value, click the setting so that a gear icon appears to the left of its title. Click the gear and choose Reset Setting.Cmd/Ctrl+Shift+X) and click the gear on Syside Modeler. Choose Install Specific Version…, then pick the version you want. VS Code then keeps the extension at that version and stops updating it automatically.Cmd/Ctrl+Shift+P → Developer: Reload Window. The extension installs the tools that match its version.To edit the file directly instead, delete the line "syside.modeler.toolsVersion": "…", from your user settings file:
~/Library/Application Support/Code/User/settings.json%APPDATA%\Code\User\settings.json~/.config/Code/User/settings.jsonTo return to the latest release, click Update on Syside Modeler in the Extensions view. The current stable release is 0.11.0: Syside 0.11.0
Thanks, Adam. I deleted syside.modeler.toolsVersion from settings.json, and am now using the (current) 0.11.0.